Easy Homemade Popcorn Seasoning
Making homemade popcorn seasoning is so much easier than you would think. Today I’m showing you how to make 7 of my favorite flavors, from herby ranch to gingerbread!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 3 minutes
Total Time 8 minutes
Servings 4 cups
Pick a Seasoning
- Ranch: ½ tsp dried dill, ½ tsp dried chives, ½ tsp garlic powder, ½ tsp onion powder, ¼ tsp salt, ¼ tsp pepper
- Cinnamon Sugar: 2 Tbsp powdered sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon, ¼ tsp salt
- Gingerbread: 1 ½ Tbsp powdered sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon, ¼ tsp ground ginger, ¼ tsp ground cloves
- Coconut Curry: 1 Tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut, ½ tsp curry powder, ¼ tsp salt
- Dorito: 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast, ¼ tsp garlic powder, ¼ tsp onion powder, ¼ tsp cumin, ¼ tsp paprika, ¼ tsp chili powder, ¼ tsp salt
- Mexican Chocolate: 1 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder,1 Tbsp powdered sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon, ¼ tsp salt, pinch of cayenne pepper
- Taco: 1 Tbsp taco seasoning, 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 4 cups popped popcorn
- 1 tsp oil 5 mL
Mix: In a small bowl, combine the ingredients to your seasoning of choice.
Pop: Prepare popcorn in either the microwave or traditionally on the stove. Spray or drizzle oil onto popcorn, tossing to evenly coat.
Serve: Sprinkle seasoning over popcorn and toss to coat once more. Serve warm.