Roasted Chickpea Bowls w/ Carrot Ginger Dressing
Looking for a vegetarian meal prep recipe that's high in protein and so tasty that you're actually excited for lunch time? I've got you covered.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice 200 g
- 3 cups Bob's Red Mill Chickpeas 2 14-oz cans or soaked and boiled
- 2 Tbsp California Olive Ranch EVOO 30 mL
- 1 Tbsp McCormick Gourmet Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Simply Organic Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp Simply Organic Cayenne Pepper
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved, 150 g
- 2 cups spinach 60 g
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
Carrot Ginger Dressing
- 1/4 cup California Olive Ranch EVOO 60 mL
- 1/4 cup Eden Foods Brown Rice Vinegar 60 mL
- 2 carrots roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 2 Tbsp honey 30 mL
- 2 tsp Spectrum Natural Toasted Sesame Oil 10 mL
- 1/4 tsp salt
Rice: Cook rice according to the instructions on the package, about 40 minutes.
Chickpeas: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (204 C). Drain and pat dry chickpeas with paper towels. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss to combine chickpeas, oil, paprika, pepper, salt, and cayenne. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until lightly crisped.
Dressing: Combine all carrot ginger dressing ingredients in a blender until smooth. You may need to add a touch of water to make the sauce smoother, depending on your blender.
Assemble: To assemble, set out 4 to 5 storage containers. Evenly spoon in a bit of rice, chickpeas, avocado, tomatoes, spinach, and almonds. Drizzle dressing over the rice, or store in separate small containers for maximum freshness.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 742kcal | Carbohydrates: 92g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 36g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 1019mg | Potassium: 1103mg | Fiber: 16.6g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 13250IU | Vitamin C: 35.5mg | Calcium: 90mg | Iron: 5mg