This creamy and delicious Raspberry Basil Nice Cream tastes just like soft serve, but has only 3 healthy ingredients and whips up in 5 minutes!
I think there’s an unspoken rule of young-adulthood that you need to pretend to be an adult in all places except your parents’ home. Every time I go visit, it feels so good to take off my heavy adult coat at the doorstep and just eat the food I grew up on, snuggle into a big bed with soft sheets and comforters that my young-adult self can’t afford, and play around in a kitchen that’s fully stocked with food and fancy gadgets.
One such gadget I played around with on my visit home last week was the Vitamix. These things are powerful, and powerful is what you need if you’re looking to make the best possible nice cream!
I first experimented with this banana-based ice cream alternative with this Mocha Nice Cream, which was decadent and chocolatey and tasted just like chocolate soft serve. But with a spotlight on basil this week, I swapped the chocolate for raspberries and basil, with the same frozen banana base, to create a fruity, simple nice cream!
More Nice Cream Recipes You’ll Love
Try out these Nice Cream Sundaes!
- 3 cups sliced and frozen banana* 350 g
- 1 cup frozen raspberries 120 g, or blackberries
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
- In a heavy duty blender or food processor, blend all ingredients until smooth and creamy. If necessary, allow bananas to thaw for 5 minutes before blending. Serve immediately**.
Tips & Tricks
- *Remove peel and roughly chop bananas prior to freezing. Freeze in a single layer on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, then transfer to a freezer-safe container until you need them for this recipe.
- **You can freeze leftovers, though the mixture will become a good bit harder. When you want to eat the leftovers, remove from freezer and let sit out at room temperature for 15 or so minutes.