Grilled Peach Caprese with Basil Lime Drizzle
This refreshing Grilled Peach Caprese combines grilled peaches, fresh mozzarella, and basil, topped off with a delicious basil lime sauce!
I realized the beauty that is a good caprese salad the first time I traveled to Italy. Sliced mozzarella, fresh tomatoes, and basil, drizzled with good olive oil and sprinkled with coarse sea salt and pepper. Pure heaven, I tell you.
But I have a confession. I don’t really like tomatoes. And being a food blogger/nutritionist, I really don’t like to admit that, but who can we be if not ourselves?
So I’m Sarah, I don’t like tomatoes, and for that reason, today we’re making Grilled Peach Caprese.
How to make Grilled Peach Caprese
Let’s talk about the components of this caprese. We’re sticking to a few caprese fundamentals: good mozzarella and basil, but we’re swapping the tomatoes for peaches.
We’ll grill the peaches to slightly char them and bring out some really tasty flavors, and we’ll finish with a quick basil and lime sauce. Eat it hot off the grill or eat it cold, stacked into fancy towers or just thrown on a plate. It’s summer and anything goes! Let’s grill.
Grilled Peach Caprese
- ¼ cup brown sugar 50 g
- 2 Tbsp water 30 mL
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar 5 mL
- ¼ cup lime juice 60 mL
- 1 cup loosely packed basil divided
- 3 ripe peaches
- 2 Tbsp olive oil 30 mL
- 1 large ball buffalo mozzarella 125 g
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small saucepan, heat brown sugar and water over medium until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat.
- Stir balsamic vinegar, lime juice, and ½ cup basil into the sauce and let sit 20 for about minutes.
- Cut each peach into 4 to 6 lengthwise planks, leaving on the skin and removing the pit.
- Brush peaches with olive oil then grill over medium heat until charred and softened, about 5 minutes (you can also use a panini grill).
- Cut mozzarella into thick slabs and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Arrange caprese stacks by layering a slice of peach, a few leaves of basil, a slab of mozzarella, and another peach. Secure with a toothpick if desired.
- Strain basil leaves from the sauce and lightly drizzle over caprese stacks.
I first published this recipe on Amanda’s Cookin’.
Hi, I’m Sarah!
Showing you how to make easy vegetarian recipes, one ingredient at a time. Read more