At what point is it okay to put up the Christmas tree? Because ever since Halloween ended I’ve been itching to break out the Christmas decor, despite the Dutch tradition of not going into full Christmas mode until after “Sinterklaas” on December 5th.
Fortunately, shopping for holiday gifts doesn’t have to have a time schedule, and I always feel like such a real world adult when I manage to get all the gifts together with time to spare (cut to Christmas Eve two years ago where the tulip-man and I ran frantically around town buying gifts, fueled on coffee and stroopwafels).
Needless to say, I’m a firm believer in online Christmas shopping. Here are a few products I have and love that would make great gifts for the holidays (and a few that are on my own wish list as well!) I’ve broken it down by category to help you find that perfect something:
- for the cooking enthusiast
- for the cookbook hoarder
- for the cozy homebody
- for the world traveler
- for the food blogger
Many of the links in this post are affiliate links, which means if you make a purchase after clicking the link, I could earn a commission. Happy shopping and even happier holidays!
Gifts for the Cooking Enthusiast
1. Kombucha Brewing Kit: My guide to homemade kombucha is the most popular recipe on the blog, and for good reason…brewing kombucha is so fun and rewarding! This starter kombucha brewing kit makes a unique gift and tasty winter project.
3. Cast Iron Skillet: The classic that never goes out of fashion (just make sure they won’t have to fly home after the holidays, this big boy is heavy).
5. Vitamix Blender: The Vitamix is one of my favorite kitchen tools, and it puts some serious muscle into pulverizing any frozen fruit I throw into it. Great for homemade nut butters, nice creams, and ultra-creamy smoothies.
7. Mandoline/Spiralizer: This little wonder saves on space by combining many slicers in one. Great for the vegetable lover!
8. Sun Basket Meal Delivery: An organic, plant-based meal delivery service with some customizable meal plans that are so tasty (plus they have a deal going on for this Black Friday where you can get $60 off your first 3 weeks).
Gifts for the Cookbook Hoarder
For the Love of Popsicles: So so so excited to finally announce the title / cover / release date of my first cookbook, For the Love of Popsicles. It’ll be hitting shelves May 7th, but you can preorder now for the popsicle aficionado in your life.
Love and Lemons Cookbook: This is just a beautiful vegetarian cookbook with an emphasis on cooking by ingredient (kind of like what we do here on the blog).
The Thug Kitchen Cookbook: Vegan food with sass that I can’t get enough of.
Molly on the Range: I read this cookbook like I read good novels, not able to put it down as I pored over Molly’s stories and recipes from life on the farm.
Love Real Food: Full of vegetarian weeknight dinner inspiration and gorgeous photos.
Gifts for the Cozy Homebody
1. Plant Hanging Animals: If there’s one thing I’m more obsessed with than my growing collection of house plants, its these adorable animals that hangout in them.
2. Essential Oil Diffuser: There’s nothing quite like a good smelling home. Our essential oil diffuser has overtaken candles as my favorite way of making things smell nice! Be sure to also get them a few good oils to get started.
3. Sea Salt and Sage Soy Candle: But of course, the ambience of candles can be nice (and you can’t go wrong with these soy candles in cute containers).
4. Succulent Subscription: Brace yourselves…you can get a subscription to have succulents sent to you every month, and it’s only $10. Such a unique gift idea for the succulent addict in your life!
5. Roomba Robot Vacuum: Tulip-man has this at the office and I’m tempted to kidnap it, just for a day or two. For the homebody who’s much too cozy on the couch to bother vacuuming, the Roomba takes this chore off their hands.
6. Ceramic Flower Pots: I love shopping for planters nearly has much as I do adopting plants. These minimalist pots are at the top of my list!
7. Amazon Prime: And of course for the true homebody, an Amazon Prime subscription means more time cozying up at home!
Gifts for the World Traveler
1. Packing Cubes: These are invaluable in keeping everything organized, whether I’m backpacking or traveling with a suitcase.
2. Passport Case: I love this case! It keeps my passport and plane tickets safe and sturdy (and stylish, obvs) when I’m flying internationally.
3. Lululemon Leggings: I love their “All the Right Places” leggings, and the covert phone pocket makes them handy for travel.
4. World Scratch Map: One of my favorite possessions that just feeds the travel bug even more.
Gifts for the Food Blogger
1. Portable Diffuser/Reflector: This is so many helpful tools in one, with a diffuser for harsh light and a few different colors of reflectors. I use it on almost every shoot!
2. GorillaPod Flexible Tripod: This flexible tripod is especially handy for traveling.
3. iPhone Lens Attachment: For the food blogger or Instagrammer who isn’t ready to take the plunge into a expensive DSLR, these lenses can transform smart phone photos.
4. Nifty Fifty Lens: This lens strikes the balance between quality and affordability, and was what I used almost exclusively for the first 2 years of blogging (I use Nikon but be sure to get a lens compatible with their camera if they shoot Canon or Sony).
5. Food Blogger Pro: This is like the “professional organization” of food bloggers and so much more. It’s education and community and support, and the perfect gift for any food blogger.
6. Tailwind: A scheduling tool for all things Pinterest and Instagram that any blogger would be thrilled to get as a gift.
7. Artificial Marble Backdrop: A unique and useful gift for the food photographer…artificial marble! I use this to create lightweight “marble” backdrops for elegant photography.