This Sweet Potato and Spinach Quinoa Breakfast Skillet is a veggie-packed, delicious, and filling breakfast that comes together in less than 30 minutes!
We’re rolling out one last recipe from the 21 Day Vegetarian Reset before hopping back into our usual routine next week of exploring ingredients, starting with ***drumroll*** COCOA! Ah, I’m so excited. But first, let’s get our health thing on. This Quinoa Breakfast Skillet is seriously loaded with veggies. You basically just cook them until soft then add quinoa and vegetable broth and cook until the broth is absorbed. So easy!
I’ll be back next week with stories and recipe inspiration from a weekend spent skiing in Switzerland, but for now I must go pack up all my fluffy socks, long johns, and five hours worth of car snacks. Have a great weekend!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small sweet potato, cubed
- 2 shallots, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- ½ uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- To serve: 4 eggs, however you like ‘em! + salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add sweet potato, shallots, bell pepper, and garlic, tossing to coat. Cover and cook for 10 minutes, or until potatoes are soft.
- Add spinach, stir, and cook until wilted down, just a minute or two.
- Stir in quinoa, pour in broth, and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook for 10 to 15 minutes until quinoa is cooked.
- While quinoa cooks, cook your eggs.
- Serve quinoa skillet topped with eggs and sprinkled with salt and pepper.
This recipe is included in my 21 Day Vegetarian Reset, a nutrition program aimed at helping you to reset your habits and take control of your health. Learn more and get a free 1 Day Taste Test here.