Mocha Overnight Oats: Morning in a Jar
These Mocha Overnight Oats are like morning in a jar! With fruit, oats, and coffee, this is a breakfast that will get you energized in no time.
We’ve all heard of overnight oats, right? Throw some oats in a jar, add a bit of milk and fruit, boom breakfast. And even though something as simple as this doesn’t necessarily need a formula, the type A in me created a formula a while back.
But this was before I discovered the mind-blowing, party-for-your-tastebuds combination of coffee and oats. The deep, rich flavor of coffee combined with creamy, nutty oats leaves nothing to be desired, and has the power to get you from zero to fully-functioning-adult in no time.
So when Gourmesso sent me some of their coffee and espresso capsules to try out, I knew just what to do with them. That is, of course, after brewing up a few cups to drink. The capsules work with Nespresso machines, but cost 30% less than Nespresso brand capsules. They come in 25 varieties, many are fair trade, and most importantly, they get you deliciously caffeinated in under a minute.
In this spirit of efficiency, this overnight oats recipe is really the perfect morning all rolled up into a jar: whole grain oats, chia seed protein, banana for fruit, and coffee!
Mocha Overnight Oats
- ½ cup rolled oats 60 g
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds 26 g
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp honey or maple syrup for vegan diets
- 1 banana sliced
- ½ cup brewed coffee 118 mL, 1 capsule brewed on “small cup” setting
- Place oats, chia seeds, cocoa powder, honey, and banana into a serving jar or bowl.
- Pour coffee in and seal (either with a lid or plastic wrap). For best results, shake or stir it all up before refrigerating.
- Place in the refrigerator overnight (6 to 8 hours).
- Serve cold, optionally topped with Greek yogurt, fruit, or cocoa powder.
Helpful products for these Mocha Overnight Oats
This post contains affiliate links, which means if you buy something from that link I may earn a commission, at no extra cost to you. Thanks for supporting Live Eat Learn and for making these recipes possible!