I’ve always loved snacking on frozen grapes. Being that it is blueberry week (and beyond hot outside), I thought why not change it up and freeze some blueberries for a snack. But let’s really change it up, let’s dip them in yogurt first!
Well at first I really really changed it up, trying to get all fancy by mixing up plain Greek yogurt with lemon juice and powdered sugar. But sometimes there’s such a thing as too fancy. The lemon juice caused the yogurt to freeze all funky and my frozen blueberry bites just were not all they could be.
So then I took it back to the simple basics. A light yogurt + blueberries + freezer. That’s it.
Like Live Eat Learn? I’d love if you’d head over to the Saveur Blog Awards and nominate me for “Best New Voice” before July 18th, 2016! ?
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- ½ cup light vanilla or fruit flavored yogurt (or dairy-free alternative)
- A few toothpicks
- Place a berry on a toothpick and dip in yogurt.
- Place single-layered on a parchment or wax paper-lined cookie sheet.
- Freeze for about an hour (they should freeze fast).
- Eat immediately or store in an airtight container in the freezer.